Adults Out of Hours Emergency Duty Team
Not all unexpected major social care problems happen during normal office hours or can wait until the next day.
That's why we have an Out of Hours Service staffed by people with a good working knowledge and understanding of health and social care services. The team provides emergency social work support to people in crisis and can deal with:
Problems with children and young people
Child protection issues
- Older people who are at risk and need immediate help
- Concerns about a person with a physical, sensory or learning disability
- Support in coping with someone who has severe learning difficulties or mental health problems
- Mental Health Act assessments
- Act as Appropriate Adult for young people and vulnerable adults
What is an emergency?
An emergency is something that cannot safely wait until the next working day.
What happens next?
When you call an operator will answer the phone and take details of why you are phoning. You will then be called back by a qualified Social Worker who will give you help and guidance.
If they think you need to speak to someone else, they will give you another telephone number or contact details. Sometimes they may give your details to another social work team who will contact you on the next working day.
How to get in touch
You can contact the Out of Hours Emergency Duty Team on 01793 436699. They operate:
- Monday to Thursday from 5pm to 8.45am the following morning
- From 4.45pm on Friday through to 8.45am the following Monday morning
- All day (24 hours) on Bank Holidays
At all other times the Adult Social Care team are the first point of contact for all referrals and general enquiries relating to adult social care and support.