What are the Swindon Core Standards for SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities)?
Section 1: What are the Swindon Core Standards for SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities)
The Swindon Core Standards for SEND documents outline the expected provision in education settings for children and young people with SEND. This provision covers:
- what provision should be available as part of the Universal offer (what is available to every child and young person through Quality First Teaching)
- the initial identification of possible barriers to a child/young person’s learning
- identification of SEND
- what provision should be available at SEN Support
- the assess, plan, do, review approach to meeting need
- evidencing the assess, plan, do, review approach and the graduated response to SEND
The intended purposes of the Core Standards are:
The purpose of this document is to summarise the contents of the Swindon Core Standards for SEND documents, with an emphasis on the information that is thought to be most important and relevant to parents and carers.
The table below shows the areas of SEND need covered within the Core Standards documents.
Page updated: 10/08/2021